Sunday 6 June 2010

Update on recent efforts

In my last post I spoke about a new idea that I want to code. Well, I have been working on this and the coding has turned out to be frustratingly difficult and I am having to rely on the generosity of forum members (Nabble-Octave-General) to help me. However, I'm sure that eventually it will be successfully coded.

What I'm trying to code (as a dynamically loaded C++ Oct file function) is an adaptive, moving window, repeated median, straight line fit, the inspiration for which I got from Meyers Analytics and the system on this site which is called the Robust Repeated Median Velocity System. I don't intend to use this system as such, but I have an intended use for the idea of a statistically robust, straight line fit. More on this in due course.

No comments: